After years of paying way too much for cable tv, and watching only a fraction of the channels, we decided to cut the cord and go for streaming.
Here’s our main setup:
Hardware: Roku 3 box (connects to tv, streams content)
* Sling TV (20 channels live, including CNN, AMC, History, Food Network, etc.)
* Netflix (movies and original series)
* Hulu (TV series, some movies)
* Amazon Prime (movies, rentals, plus free shipping, etc.)
* HBO Now (most HBO content on demand)
* CBS (most CBS content on demand)
* Google movies (rentals, purchases)
I recently decided to upgrade my home studio by adding acoustic panels to the walls. (links to all sites and products are in the below text – feel free to click away!)
The idea of putting in a booth seemed to be a bit much for my space, and from the recommendation of another VO Pro, I took a look at the AudiMute line of products. They have a wide variety of panels, baffles and other sound-dampening materials. Different color options and even custom print pictures are also available for an additional fee. Continue reading →
The time had come to have “The Talk” with my current computer system:
I don’t know how to say this, so I’ll just come out and say it: I’ve outgrown you.
You’ve gotten too slow and noisy, and I feel I can no longer rely on you.
Really… it’s not you… no, wait… it is you!
Maybe it’s best we just go our own ways.